Friday, July 18, 2008

Angel of Mine

I was adrift on waves of feelings swirling circles about my mind wondering if I had the strengthto decide it was your time.

Did I have the right to make this choice that would change our lives forever,did I have the will to sacrifice our precious time together?

Was I wrong in thinking of myself while you grew so frail and weak,was I selfish in my desperate need to have you here with me to keep? Into your bright eyes I searched and found within your soul,the echo of a far-seen wisdom the kind which only angels know.

You gently rocked my broken heart and with angelic calm you lifted all the guilt I felt for wanting to hold on.You showed me that the choice with which I felt so wrecked and tornlay upon a path God paved the day that you were born.

Somehow you made me understandthe choice was never mine,it had been appointed long before , in another place and time.

So as I lay you down to sleepy our eternal spirit shines and our paths will cross again someday angel of mine.

Written by Terri Onorato
copyrighted © by Terri Onorato